Card-ography – "a quick, easy and fun way to help your students identify continents, oceans & compass points."
Learning Outcomes: From this resource it is anticipated that students will:
- Develop spatial comprehension.
- Enhance math skills, through kinesthetic learning.
- Share information using oral, visual and written presentation.
- Identify and locate different places in the world.
- Be introduced to the practical application of estimating.
Grade Level 4-7 covering subjects:
- Theater Arts
- READ this Learning Resource.
- CHOOSE one of the 2 page TRAVEL SHEETS and make a COPY for each student.
- PRIOR TO ACTIVITY you must determine a distance of approximately one mile somewhere near or within your school grounds (possibly several times around a playing field).
- Determine the 'start' and 'end' points to complete your one mile walk.
- Tape measures.
- Calculators (optional)
- Watches with second hand for timing.
Approximate Grade Level: 4-7