Australia Pacific is the focus for this group of 5 explorers and their 9 journeys.
1. The Explorer - Journey 1: James Cook, 1771 - Australasia
The Story: Stingray Bay
2. The Explorer - Journey 2: James Cook, 1776 - Australasia
The Story: Death on the Beach
3. The Explorer - Journey 1: Ferdinand Magellan, 1519 - South America / Atlantic
The Story: Weevils in the Food
4. The Explorer - Journey 2: Ferdinand Magellan, 1522 - South America / Pacific
The Story: Hacked to Death
5. The Explorer: Alvaro de Mendana de Neira & Perdo Sarmiento de Gamboa, 1567 - South Pacific
6. The Explorer - Journey 1: Intrepid Polynesian Colonists, circa 900AD - Australasia / Pacific
The Story: Old Red Eyes
7. The Explorer - Journey 2: Intrepid Polynesian Colonists, circa 900AD - Australasia / Pacific
The Story: The Goddess Pele
Join two families in their dugout canoes as they paddle and sail out into the mighty Pacific Ocean. Led by Old Red Eyes, the sailor, who, without navigation instruments, feels the water current, listens to the waves, and smells the land in the distance. He manages to bring them over 5000 miles of ocean to their destination of Hawaii, home of the land creator, the Goddess, Pele.
8. The Explorer - Journey 1: Abel Tasman, 1642 - Australasia / New Zealand
The Story: Maori Warriors
9. The Explorer - Journey 2: Abel Tasman, 1642 - Australasia / Indonesia
The Story: Death Ship
Follow the two part journey of the great Dutch seaman Abel Tasman. He leaves Indonesia and heads south west towards Africa to catch the Roaring 40’s and be blown east to find Tasmania and New Zealand. On New Zealand his landing party are ferociously and unexpectedly attacked by chanting Maori Warriors, and 4 were killed immediately. Fearing that this reception would be the same everywhere on these islands, they kept off the coast and soon ran out of food and water. Eventually, they are able to resupply and rest on the friendly island of Tonga before returning to Indonesia.
All content copyright © Geotheater - Web Hosting and Design by InMotion Hosting