Circumnavigation is the focus for this group of 4 explorers and their 8 journeys.
1. The Explorer: Thomas Cavendish, 1586 - Circumnavigation
The Story: Privateer - Pirate?
2. The Explorer - Journey 1: Francis Drake, 1577 - South America / Atlantic
The Story: The Dragon Wakes
3. The Explorer - Journey 2: Francis Drake, 1577 - South America / Pacific
The Story: The Dragon Roars
4. The Explorer - Journey 3: Francis Drake, 1578 - North America / Pacific
The Story: The Dragon Gorges
5. The Explorer - Journey 4: Francis Drake, 1578 - Asia / Africa / Europe
The Story: The Dragon Crawls Home
6. The Explorer - Journey 1: Ferdinand Magellan, 1519 - South America / Atlantic
The Story: Weevils in the Food
7. The Explorer - Journey 2: Ferdinand Magellan, 1522 - South America / Pacific
The Story: Hacked to Death
8. The Explorer: George Vancouver, 1791 - North America / Hawaii
The Story: English Hawaii?
Join Captain George Vancouver in 1791, as he leaves England and sails south around Africa and further south, to be driven towards Australasia by the Roaring Forties. He charted the west coast of Australia and explored the coast of New Zealand, before crossing the Pacific towards the Americas. He develops a coastal exploration system and spends 3 years charting the west coast of North America. He trades and barters with the friendly local natives. Returning to Hawaii, he persuades several chiefs to cede their lands to Great Britain for protection. Finally, he returns to Britain, via Cape Horn in South America.
All content copyright © Geotheater - Web Hosting and Design by InMotion Hosting